Friday, June 15, 2012

Nidasii Beauty Tip: It's Summer & I ❤ It Skin

I have gone on record numerous times already proclaiming my love of the hazy, hot & humid days of SUMMER! Generally from May through mid September you can find me sneaking in every way possible to enjoy the beautiful warm weather outdoors. Don't be surprised if you see me lunching at an outdoor cafe in Harlem or Soho, jogging along the Hudson river taking in the beautiful view or meeting up with one of my besties for a stroll through her D.U.M.B.O. neighborhood. But, if you're like me and you become a bit more outdoorsy than usual your going to want to your skin to look and feel it's best! Here are a few tips.

EXFOLIATE

Are you really surprised by this one? If you want your skin to glow this summer your going to have to get rid of last seasons dull, dead skin. In order to do that you MUST exfoliate. Exfoliating removes dead skin found at the surface of our skin. When the dead skin has been removed the younger, vibrant skin beneath is revealed giving you an instant summer glow. Be sure to exfoliate from head to toe once or twice a week to keep that summer glow! Nidasii Beauties love Mango-go & Coconut Punch Sugar Rush during summer months.

SUNSCREEN

Now that you have exfoliated from head to toe you need to protect your precious glowing skin from harmful UV (ultra violet) rays so be sure to apply and re-apply your SPF several times a day. I believe, no matter how dark or light you are we all should use an SPF of 50 especially during summer. And, ladies I know most facial moisturizers on the market don't seem to have an SPF higher than 30. During summer we are exposed to the suns rays for a longer period of time  so it's extremely critical we make sure our faces are protected by using a sunscreen with a SPF of 50. If your facial moisturizer is not available in an SPF of 50  I recommend using a sunscreen that may not be designed specifically for your face and dabbing it lightly onto your face. You don't have to be as heavy handed with it as you would all over your body if your concerned about it feeling too heavy on your face. I also recommend using a sweat proof formula......trust me on this one. As the tag line to this blogs states "I'm a Product Junkie" & I've tried it enough times to know if you don't use a sweat proof formula as the day goes on and your skin becomes a tad oilier it can get into your eyes. If you have sensitive eyes like me lets just say it's something you don't want to experience if you don't have too. To avoid this you can apply a pressed powder to keep your face oil free. Pressed powders are translucent so if your going Au Natural it won't leave your skin with an ashy cast. Before I end my rant on SPF I want all of you to make sure your using a broad spectrum SPF that says it protects against both UVA and UVB rays. If an SPF lotion is marked as "Broad Spectrum" it MUST also indicate that it protects against UVA and UVB rays. It's not broad spectrum if it doesn't.

MOISTURIZE

Now that you've exfoliated and protected your skin it's time to moisturize! I know we all have our preferences about our body moisturizers during summer months. Some like to use creamier shea butter based creams & butters while others opt for something lighter. No matter what your preference be sure to keep your skin moisturized because the sun can also be drying to skin especially in less humid regions.

HYDRATE

Last, but definitely not least. Be sure to drink plenty of water daily to keep your body hydrated. Dehydration is a major issue during summer months so it's extremely important we remain hydrated. It beautifies from the inside out.

No comments: