Friday, April 22, 2011

How I'm Eco Friendly 24/7/365

Hey Beauties! It's Good Friday & Earth Day....Now how often does this occur?

Today I would like to know how many of you are actually "eco-friendly" on a daily basis? Lord knows I try but I'm not always succesful. Here's what I do.

1. Re-usable Shopping Bags - I absolutely love them, they hold so much more than those annoying plastic shopping bags. I live in NYC so I have steps to climb just make it to the front door of my apartment building. Carrying one or two re-usable bags is much easier than stumbling up steps with six or seven bags.....The only problem is sometimes I forget to take them out the trunk when I get to the supermarket....Yes, I live in NYC and I drive to the market (don't judge me). I told you I try but I'm not always succesful.

2. Plastic Take Out Containers - Those plastic take out containers have now become my own personal Tupperware collection. They're perfect for storing left overs and sending those friends and family members that don't like to return your good plastic containers home with food.

3. Donate Everything - My new moto is donate, donate, donate. If there's something that I need to replace that's in good condition I donate it. That means everything from clothing to printers. I've learned if there's something I can't use there is always someone else who can.

Happy Earth Day Beauties!

No comments: