Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Would I Do With Out Dr. Oz?

I have to start this post off by letting you know I love, love, love, love Dr. Oz! I think he is the best out of what I call Oprah's "Dream Team" (Dr. Phil, Suze Orman, Dr. Oz). This past Wednesday, while trying to stay clear of all the treacherous ice left from our wonderful (of course I'm being sarcastic)) ice storm, I saw one of his shows on anti-aging procedures and foods. You know when he got to the segment where he lists 5 foods or produce items that help our bodies keep reproducing healthy cells and tissue I had to share it with you. Hmmmmm!...... maybe I should incorporate these ingredients into one of my "Double Duty Beauty" videos......What do you think?

Check out the video to learn more about these age defying ingredients!

Also, here's the recipe the age defying salad.


5 Age defying Fruits & Vegetables

Watercress

Rich in Lutein which is great for the eyes and serves as a natural sunblock for them

Apricots
Are great because they contain both potassium, which benefits our neurological system among other things & beta carotene which can give our skin a natural glow...who doesn't love that!

Cucumber
Cucumber skin contains silica a component of connective tissue that helps plump skin

Blood Oranges
contain anthocynin, a purplish pigment that serves as an anti oxidant

Eggplant
contains both anthocynin which is a natural antioxidant & Nasunin which serves as both an antioxidant & phytonutrient known to protect the fat membranes in brain cells.....I soooo need to load up on this!

No comments: