Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nidasii 5 Days of Butter - My Moisture Routine

Hey Beauties! I hope your enjoying our five days of body butter. There's so much you can do with body butter I can go on forever! Today I'm going to let you know how I use body butter to re-hydrate my skin. Moisturizing and maintaining moisture is especially important this time of the year.

After my shower I immediately apply body butter to my damp skin. You want to apply the body butter, or any moisturizer for that matter, to damp skin because after we shower our pores are open. The pores of our skin actually open when exposed to heat or warmth. Water acts as a carrier allowing the moisturizer to penetrate deeply beneath the skins surface. When moisturizers penetrate deep below the skins surface it allows our skin to stay hydrated for a longer period of time. And that's extremely important now that most of us are experiencing cooler drier temperatures of fall and soon winter.

Beauty Bonus: If you have extremely dry skin like I do I would highly recommend you use a humidifier to keep the air in your home moist. I actually have two in my apartment. Like I said I have extremely dry skin and during the colder months when we heat our homes the heat dries out any signs of moisture in the air. Having a humidifier will add moisture to the air keeping your skin supple and hydrated longer.

If you don't have a humidifier try placing a stock pot on a low flame on the stove or place a heat resistant bowl on a radiator. This is an old school method...but it works!

No comments: