Monday, August 15, 2011

Beauty You Can Drink


Hey Beauties! You know I start my day with a cup of tea almost every morning. Two tea bags of black tea to be exact. That's how I get my morning jolt. But, I switched things up. For the past month I've been drinking my "beauty brew". What's that you ask?

Here's What I Do:


I cut two thin slices of ginger and put it in my mug along with a tea bag of black tea. Next, I pour steaming hot water into the mug and let the ingredients steep for a few minutes. If the water is hot enough 10 minutes should be good enough. Next I squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the the tea. But, don't throw away that lemon just yet. I take my fork & gently prick the skin of the lemon to release the natural oils so I get all the beauty benefits of the lemon.

Here's Why I Call it My "Beauty Brew":


Ginger - is known to reduce inflammation and if eaten with food it promotes elasticity in skin.

Lemon - contains vitamin C, which helps fight free radicals & boost skins natural collagen.

Black Tea - Contains tons of antioxidants which will fight free radicals which cause our cells to break down.

NOTE: You can easily turn this hot tea into iced tea by allowing the tea to cool to room temperature after steeping. When it has cooled add slices of lemon & refrigerate so it can chill.

No comments: