Monday, November 12, 2007

My Recent Addiction


This weekend a friend of mine bought me a slice of my most recent addiction……Red Velvet Cake. For the past two years I have been addicted to this delightful cake from a bakery in Brooklyn. Oddly enough I am not a big fan of cake. I think I have been traumatized by those dry birthday cakes with the pineapple or Strawberry filling in the center that seemed to appear at every birthday party I went to as a child. In fact, for the past ten years, on my birthday, my family has given me cheese cake. Yes, I am 32 and my mother still insists on giving me a cake for my birthday. She does this for each of her four children.

This yummy cake must invoke inspiration. Not only has it inspired me to create a new product it also seemed to be the inspiration for a sneaker in the Pastry line of sneakers, created by Angela and Vanessa Simmons. Stay tuned to Nidasii Lab for updates on the formulation of this product.

Sylvias Family Soul Food Cook Book
has a great red velvet cake recipe.

No comments: