Sunday, May 31, 2015

#Curlista: Top Bun Curlista

Beauties words can not express how happy and excited I am that summer weather is finally here. If you've been following me over the years I'm sure you've read more than a few posts were I express my disdain for all things winter and continuously harp on my love of all things summer! One of the things I love most about this time of year is being able to sport wash and go looks and one of my  all time fav's is the curly top bun. In fact, I have to be honest, it's really my daily go to hairstyle this time of year. The curly top bun is one of those hairstyles that just works for me. It literally goes with any look. It can take me from chic and sophisticated for meetings to bohemian and carefree.

How I Style My Curly Top Bun:
To prepare my curls for a curly top bun I start off by saturating my curls with water in the shower. Next I wrap my wet curls in an old t-shirt to absorb the excess water. You also use a towel if you do not have a t-shirt. When the excess water is absorbed I take one of our whipped body butters, Mango-go is my fav this time of year because it reminds of all things tropical and summer. Next I make sure each section receives a healthy coating of our body butter to seal in moisture. Now that my curls are thoroughly moisturized I take a boar bristle brush and smooth my edges and gather my curls on top of my head for my curly bun.

How do you rock your curly top bun?

No comments: