Friday, January 22, 2010

Nidasii Beauty Tip: Moisturized Nails

Hey everyone!! It's Friday and I hope you all are doing great. I can't believe this is the first post for the entire week. I guess I fell off the blogging band wagon this week, sorry. But, I want to make up for that by leaving you with a beauty tip you can try out over the weekend.

Earlier this week I gave myself my own manicure, well, really it was a treatment for my dry brittle nails. All week long I had been trying to get a free moment to get a manicure and never could so I took matters into my own hands..literally into my own hands and gave my hands a quick treat.

Here's What I Did

First I let my nails soak in warm water with a few drops of tea tree & lemon essential oils to soften my dry cuticles. Then I gently pushed them back before letting them soak in EVOO that I heated in the microwave for 5 to 7 seconds. You want the oil to be warm enough to comfortably let your nails soak for as long as you desire. I love doing this because I feel like I'm making my nails smile. My nails break very easy during the winter so soaking them in EVOO seems to keep the dryness & brittleness at bay. Now, we don't want anything to go to waste so add salt, sugar or cornmeal to the excess oil to create a scrub for your hands. When your done soaking your nails in the oil massage the scrub onto your hands. If your nails are a little too oily try adding a dime size amount of a mild hand soap while scrubbing your hands. I think your hands will thank you in the end!!

Will you give it a try? If you do let me know your results. You know I L.O.V.E your comments!! Have a great weekend.

No comments: