Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Going Green Wednesday: Just Throw it in the Bag


Not to sound so stereo typical, but, one of my all time favorite things is shopping!! Whether it's clothing, shoes, home decor, food....I think you get the point, I just love it. But, your probably wondering what my love of shopping has to do with going green? Well, the truth is, now when I know that I'm going out to shop for clothing or anything that requires a bag I try very hard to remember to bring my own re-usable bag. Over the summer while doing a bit of shopping in Soho I noticed a lot of the bigger brand retail stores were offering re-usable bags and that really made me take notice. I've been using my own bags when I go to the grocery store for months now why not for all purchases that require a bag? The pic above shows my oh so chic Target (I'm pronouncing it Tar-jae)bag. What? You didn't know I'm a frugalista fashionista....LOL. The icing on the cake for me is that Target gives you a credit of 5 cents every time you BYOB (bring your own bag). It's a nickel, but hey, I am a frugalista ;-).

What are your thoughts on this? How often do you BYOB for your purchases?

No comments: