Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm Not a Yogi....But Just Wait


I have to let you all know that I have been taking yoga classes and lately I feel amazing!!! After the first class was done I felt like I had a really great massage. I never realized how tense and tight my body is. The breathing excercises along with the stretches opens my entire body up and I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my body. I initially decided to sign up for a few yoga classes to increase my muscle flexhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.photo.gifibility. I’ve been told many times by my Doctor as well as my personal trainer that I need to stretch more due to issues with my hamstrings. However, when I signed up for the classes I never imagined it would have such a healing affect on my body.

1 comment:

dM said...

Nicole,

Now, you've got me all revved up on yoga. I tried it a few times and felt the same way you did about how tight I was. It was a lot of work. I thought I'd be going to relax and get in some stretching exercises. I discovered that it's at least as much work as an aerobics class in terms of the effort needed. Maybe even more because of the mental focus that's required to really benefit. I'm going to give it another try soon and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the prod.

dM