Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Nails Regimen



First I let my nails soak in warm water with a few drops of tea tree & lemon essential oils to soften my dry cuticles. Then I gently pushed them back before letting them soak in EVOO that I heated in the microwave for 5 to 7 seconds. You want the oil to be warm enough to comfortably let your nails soak for as long as you desire. I love doing this because I feel like I'm making my nails smile. My nails break very easy during the winter so soaking them in EVOO seems to keep the dryness & brittleness at bay. Now, we don't want anything to go to waste so add salt, sugar or cornmeal to the excess oil to create a scrub for your hands. When your done soaking your nails in the oil massage the scrub onto your hands. If your nails are a little too oily try adding a dime size amount of a mild hand soap while scrubbing your hands. I think your hands will thank you in the end!!

No comments: