Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Coney Island......Columbus Day


Wow!!! What an incredible day. In NYC the temperature has been unusually high for the month of October. I think today may have broken the record high because we topped out at 87 degrees. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not complaining. I am actually one the few people who loves the heat and humidity. The weather was so nice today that I decided to stop by Coney Island on my way back from the grocery store.

You may be asking what’s so specical about Coney Island. Well, Coney Islands board walk is infamous in NYC . It’s home to the legendary Nathans Franks and one of the oldest roller coasters called the Cyclone. Well I had to stop by today because I discovered over the summer that the board walk and amusement park will be demolished to make way new luxury buildings. So I went to take in the sights as well as take pictures to keep as a piece of NYC history.

No comments: